Monday, June 18, 2007

10 Characteristics of a Transformer

Yesterday at VL, we concluded our Transformers series. The main point of the 3 week series was this: "I am a Transformer when my LIFE is being changed by God and witnessed by others." The point is this - it's not just our belief, but our behavior - it's not just our doctrine, but our duty - it's not just what we learn, but how we live - being a Christ follower is truly a "BOTH/AND" - not an "EITHER/OR" life.

We spent the first 2 weeks on Romans 12:1-2 - dealing with the "being changed by God" part - learning that I must #1 Offer myself to be changed and #2 Allow myself to be changed.

The last message was all about the "witnessed by others" part - if I say I am being changed by God, then it must show also in my Relationships with others. Paul goes into a series of EVERY DAY circumstances - where this Christian life is actually LIVED OUT.

You know, I am reminded that the reality of "every day" life is where the battle is won.

According to Romans 12:9-21, here are 10 Characteristics of a Transformer:
  1. Authentic Love - Romans 12:9a
  2. Understand Good and Evil - Romans 12:9b
  3. Puts others first - Romans 12:10
  4. Passion for God - Romans 12:11
  5. Trust is in God - Romans 12:12
  6. Welcoming - Romans 12:13
  7. Forgiveness - Romans 12:14
  8. Selfless - Romans 12:15
  9. Common - Romans 12:16
  10. Peaceful - Romans 12:17-21

*God is proven through every day tests and tasks.

No comments: