Thursday, April 26, 2007

24


The show "24" (my personal favorite by the way - and what's the deal with Bill Buchanon? That ticks me off!) sure has it's market on our world today.

I have been absent from blogsphere for a week now and I would credit that to the fact that I have been so busy!!! Speaking of "I have been busy" - isn't that a very typical thing you hear people say so often? I know I say it, feel it, think it, and hear others say it - especially here in the Atlanta world!

What is busy? Busy for you may not be busy for me - and vise versa. What is "busy"? It could probably be defined as something that occupies our time. How we spend that time may be good or poor stewardship - good reminder for all of us.

However, I do think that all of our lives today are so full because we are linked to everything and everyone - and there is not limit to time. I can't imagine the days before electricity and vehicles - and even the days before telephones, televisions, computers, email, My Space, and Blogs! There is never a shortage of what we can do - because we live in a "24" world!

This is why I think the show "24" is so relative to us - because even though time itself has never stopped - now the world around us and the people, places to go, things to do, and even employment - never stops! We live in world that is ACTIVE "24" hours a day!

So is this a good thing or a bad thing? A good argument could be that we can get so much more accomplished now - and I can see that. However, is it all about getting more accomplished? Just a good question - it can depend on how you look at that. Even in God's Word it says that we need to "work while it is still light" - referring to spreading the message of Jesus before He returns. This can prove the "do what we can while we can" side of things. However, we are still human and have limitations - how much can we take before we truly "break down" or "lose it"?

Life is busy. There is never a shortage of things to do. We do need to maximize and be good stewards of our time. But if we are in it for the "Long Haul" then we need to be wise and be good stewards of our lives as well - our bodys, minds, hearts, spirits.

Like many aspects in life - BALANCE. Make the most of our time. Be good stewards of our life.

No comments: