Sunday, May 20, 2007

"Poppy" went Home.


On Tuesday, May 8 my wife's grandfather went HOME to be with the Lord. He was not in good health and had been suffering for some time.

He has definitely been suffering due to his health - but maybe even more - he was suffering the loss of his precious wife Mary (or "Nonnie" as we called her) ever since she went HOME in January of 2006.

It has been difficult on my wife and her family and her mother especially. "Poppy" was a good man - he was incredibly kind, patient, and loving - to his family first and also to many others!

One thing that sticks out to me about his funeral service is when my father-in-law, Bro. Johnny talked about Poppy's love for his wife. After Nonnie died, someone said to Poppy that he could now travel and do some things now that he didn't have to care for Nonnie anymore. Poppy replied "I didn't do it because I had to - I got to care for her". He really loved Nonnie and set an example to all of us about sacrificial love. He truly didn't want to live any longer without her.

No comments: