Saturday, July 28, 2007

Be Confident with Who You Are

I am learning (key word!) to be who I am and to take it another step and be confident in it.

There is a lot of temptation in any circle to be what others want you to be or to be almost ashamed of who you are.

I have gotten better about being who I am - but sometimes in certain circles - in order to please people (or so I think), I will almost be ashamed of this person God made me to be - and the truth is, it is pride - because I want to impress that person or that group - and it is living to be accepted and even praised and approved by others.

When I do this, not only am I being prideful, but I am living in fear and I will never move forward or reach the full potential God has for me if I give in to fear. When I confidently (different from pride) move forward and enjoy and even "flex" the person God made me to be - not only am I full of joy, but I am being the Pete Hixson God inteded me to be - and that is far better than anything I produce myself!

Just a little life lesson I am learning.

No comments: