Saturday, September 29, 2007

Hollie

My wife is truly a GIFT from God to me. I know that God gave her to me as a gift because a gift is something that brings us joy, lifts us when we are down, or is just the right thing - at just the right time.

Hollie is full of joy - she is so positive and has helped me to stop and enjoy the people, places, and moments of time that God has given us. I can be so focused or driven and let many things pass me by - but she is the gift that God has given and continues to give to me - and I think God says to me through her - "Hey dude, you need to just relax a little and enjoy what I have given you."

Tomorrow at Vinings Lake, we are concluding our series "My Life" - and we are going to be in I Timothy 6. In verse 18, there is a challenge to "do good, be rich in good deeds, be generous, and be willing to share" - My Wife is an example of all of these - and that is why she is God's gift to me - she is good to me, she is rich in good deeds, she is generous, and she shares her joy and spirit and God-given personality with me and with everyone who she comes in contact with.

I love her - she is the best!

**Here is a little taste of her "random" craziness while we were in NYC last Christmas! - click here to see her on YouTube!

**Also, check out her blog - she has a great post about a date night we had with a couple in our church this past Thursday - and some awesome photos from our visits (yes, as in plural) to the Fair this past week!

No comments: