Sunday, September 30, 2007

Memorable day at Vinings Lake

Today at VL, we concluded our series My Life. We spent our time in I Timothy 6:17-19 and looked at My Wealth, My Trust, and My Generosity. We focused in on the last part of the passage that says, "that they may take hold of the life that is truly life".

A few things stood out that were awesome:

  1. The band did a superb job in ALL of the songs & it was fun!
  2. We weaved the message and music together throughout the service - it was a great change up and very impactful - that was commented on in our Community Group tonight.
  3. During one of the worship songs, "All We Need" - we had everyone just stay seated which gave us a fresh visit to the words we were singing.
  4. We used a clip from Rob Bell's Nooma video called Rich - where he teaches on I Timothy 6:17-19. Out of the 4 minute clip we showed, it seemed to be one of the most impacting parts of the day. This was also a topic of discussion at our Community Group tonight - b/c it was very easy to recall the statistics and statements that were made in the video.
  5. At the end of the service, everyone had a My Life card to write something on it that they were giving to God (the main point of the series was "The way to Live My Life is to Give My Life"). People wrote on their cards and brought them and placed them across the front of the stage. Brian came up with this great idea a few weeks ago - I thought this was a very powerful moment in the life of VL - great idea Brian! This week, a lady in our church is going to place all on our backdrop for everyone to view them next week (no names were on the cards).

It was a great and memorable day at VL!

No comments: