Monday, February 25, 2008

Dreaming and Walking

Some "common" language around here at the office of Vinings Lake and a constant balance is to keep Dreaming and yet put one foot in front of the other by Walking.

I believe God puts dreams - big dreams - in our hearts.  He creates us a certain way and we must respond to those dreams - believing Him - and that He can do ANYTHING.   While at the same time - WHILE pursuing those dreams - put one foot down and not trip over what is right in front of us.

For me, a constant struggle and "back and forth" balancing act is to both Dream and Walk.  I love to dream - and it is sometimes out of my comfort zone to just walk.  But I am learning the value of both.  I want to reach this entire community (new stats say 162,170 people in a 5 mile radius of Vinings Lake Church - and 88% do not attend church regularly) - and accomplish more than we could ever dream or imagine.  And yet I know it doesn't happen over night - unless that is how God chooses to do it - which He CAN!  

I don't want to be a dream stealer to anyone and I don't want anyone to steal my dreams - dreams that God puts in there at least - and when it comes to reaching people with His good news - it is all His desire and idea anyway.

Just a great reminder - you don't have to lose your Dream - but don't miss what is right in front of you.  Dreaming and Walking.

2 comments:

Crayzee Joe said...

Walking - that's why His word is a lamp unto my feet and not a spotlight down the highway. It just goes back to trusting in Him with ALL our hearts and aknowledging him in ALL our ways.

Unknown said...

This sounds a lot like what we talked about the other day.....