Saturday, April 12, 2008

We are back - and not the same!

We arrived back to the ATL last night.  Can't even begin to say all that took place but I want to thank our Father for answering our prayers - and thank YOU for all of your prayers for us and the team and the people there.  We prayed specifically for unity and safety for the team and for God to work in the hearts of the people we ministered to.  He did ALL of that and so much more.
I will probably blog more later - but just a couple immediate
 thoughts.....
  • Our mission TEAM was #1!  They ALL did great - even the kids!  What a privilege to do this together - we all fell in love with each other!

  • I have been reading through Romans during my quiet time and the very first day there (Saturday) the exact passage that was next for me to read was in Romans 10 - where it basically says "how can they hear unless someone preaches, how can someone preach unless someone goes, how can someone go unless they are sent....beautiful are the feet that bring the good news!"  What a START to the week we had!  What a prophesy for what we got to do all week!
  • Go to Hollie's blog (click here) for a few GREAT photos of Hope ministering (she did awesome) and of a lady that is LITERALLY 116 years old!  She was puckering up to give me a kiss - seriously!  (what happens in the D.R. stays in the D.R.).  This was the first mission trip that my wife and I have taken together - I love you babe!
  • Go to my good friend Cody Deese's blog (click here).  He has some amazing footage and videos from the trip - from the first day until the last - Cody, you and Katie rock - it was awesome to experience this with you both! 

1 comment:

Jenn said...

It was an INCREDIBLE week! We are so grateful for the opportunity and so grateful for all God has shown us through this last week. Can't wait to do it again!!