Thursday, October 4, 2007

Catalyst Day 1

I am just going to throw some bullets down from today - what an amazing day it has been:

* My wife went with me and she loved it - I love her so much!

* Steve Fee led most of the worship - WOW!

* Andy Stanley kicked things off this morning and talked about the power of our influence as leaders. The main point was "What do you do when it dawns on you that you are the most powerful person in the room?" He read from John 13 where Jesus washed His disciples feet - and that was the answer - "to leverage the power of our influence for the sake of others in the room" - it is serving others - that is what Jesus did!

* Lunch was fun with tons of ministry friends - we piled 9 people (grown adults!) in our Yukon on the way to Chili's for lunch!

* Hollie and I saw about everyone we know.

* Francis Chan had a WORD from God - at least for me personally - it challenged and reminded me of God's PERSONAL call, power, and purpose in my life - it gives me boldness to say what He wants and confidence that I am called by Him. He said that we can grow and build a church and not even be in love with Jesus - I needed this - I allow myself to get so caught up and busy that I forget the most important things - ONE - Him!

* Rick Warren ended the day with a great message from his life and what to do with our influence and affluence. He used Moses' staff as an illustration - that it is all about surrender - whatever we give to God, He will take and use it - and give it life (like He did the staff when Moses threw it down) - and whatever I keep for myself will end up dead again (like what happened to the staff when Moses picked it back up).

What a day! Can't wait for tomorrow - Erwin McManus, John Maxwell, Craig Groeschel, Andy Stanley again - and more! And my wife is coming back again!!!!

No comments: