Sunday, October 7, 2007

Today at VL - Missions and Community Group

Today at Vinings Lake was a privilege for me to have my friend Alex Himaya speak to our church. I worked for Alex at First Baptist Springdale in Springdale, AR several years ago and now he is the pastor of The Church at Battle Creek in Tulsa, OK. Alex spoke to us about the "Why" of Missions? Why would we go to the world and spend time, money, efforts, and energy in another country? Alex taught us through Titus 2:11-13 that we must do this because of the Grace of God - and b/c of His grace, it is a gift, it changes our lives, and it gives us heaven - eternal life. It was again - a memorable day at VL.

Tonight, we hosted our Community Group at our house - great discussion and community tonight (Brian, once again - the discussion curriculum was great). One thing dawned on me that is awesome. Earlier, Hope asked if we had "small group" tonight - and then I thought about the fact that our kids see us doing this - and I am reminded that this is an example to them and will hopefully lead them to make this a commitment and practice of their lives. And that gets me excited b/c it is all about teaching through example.

No comments: