Sunday, January 13, 2008

Incredible Day!

WOW!  What an amazing day today!  

  • At VL this morning, we had an awesome day!  Lots of people today - both at 9:15 and 11:00.  Our 11:00 service is getting filled up - very exciting!  
  • The music had a great spirit of worship  today - it is awesome to have such great people with genuine hearts as a part of this ministry
  • The entire spirit and excitement of everything - and everyone that was there was so great - and many visitors and returning people.
  • We strive to place great importance and value on all of our guests - and as Brian commented to me today about how awesome our people are - I COMPLETELY agree - it is wonderful to see them welcome others and add value to their experience at Vinings Lake.
  • After our 11am service, we had our 2nd "VL 101" - which is our intentional step to connect people and help everyone understand who we are, what we are called to do, and how we are going to accomplish that.  This is also a required step for anyone that wants to become a member at Vinings Lake.  I am very excited about this - both for now and for the future!  Brian - awesome job in putting this together and making it happen!
  • Today, Hope was cracking me up and blessing me - as she was singing a song she learned at KidMo today - and reading through her little Bible (the "Hope Version" is quite interesting!).  Addie made me laugh with her version of a worship song - she got a few letters twisted around!  
  • Tonight we had a great time in our Community Group.  It is encouraging to discuss what is going on and hearing the honesty of where we want to be - in relation to "adding" and growing in our faith this coming year and we also took a moment to each share how we have grown in our faith this past year.  I think it is SO important to reflect on the positive of how we have grown - it seems to give us the fuel we need to keep going!
  • Then - me, Hollie, and the kids added an exclamation to the day with eating dinner at Taco Bell.  Oh yes - I love it!  My personal favorite is to get 2 Big Beef Meximelts and an order of Nachos Bellgrande.  
Great day.  Thank you God.  I love my wife and children.  I love my VL family.

1 comment:

KTP said...

Dude, little did you know that on top of all that greatness you'd also win the contest to name Freedom's truck! Congrats.