Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Creators of a Video Game

Monday, I had the opportunity to go out to Alpharetta and have lunch with a guy in our church - his name is Jeff. Jeff works for a company that makes video games. His official title is "Lead Environment Artist".

He gave me a tour of their facility and offices and departments - and introduced me to his co-workers - great people! I was out of my mind amazed at what they all did. I had NO idea what went into creating a video game. From the story, vision, to the graphic design, to the implementation, to the actual creating process - of drawing, developing, testing, running, research - and EVERYTHING else they do - it was more than I ever could "imagine". Maybe the most incredible part is that ALL those people are working on 1 - that's right, ONE game! What FOCUS, SYNERGY, TEAMWORK, and VISION these guys are displaying - awesome!

As he was sharing with me the PROCESS and development and VISION that goes into it all, it reminded me of what I do - the story is written, the vision is there and the process to implement it and make it happen is constantly being re-vamped, changed, communicated, taught, trained, encouraged - so that people will get it and LIVE it, and so that the end goal will happen.

**My "assignment" as a pastor may be to help lead and design a process to implement what Jesus gave us to do, but every follower of Jesus has the opportunity to get involved.

I am not saying life is like a video game - that's a little impersonal. I also realize that I am not a creator, BUT the process that these guys create for a video game simply challenges me. Jesus gave us our instructions in Matthew 28:16-20 - now we must take and implement them into 2007 - right in the middle of our lives, homes, neighborhoods, workplaces, communities, countries, and the world.

*Our greatest asset that we have - is simply LOVE. Why? Because God loved the world and God is love. How? Anyway we can. More blogging on that later.

No comments: