Thursday, August 2, 2007

More than we can see

I am beginning to realize that God is doing more in people's lives than what we can see. As I write this I feel kind of stupid saying this because He is God and I am man - pretty profound if you think about it for a while.

I just recieved and email from Paul, a guy that comes to Vinings Lake and is growing and is a great encouragement to me and it made me realize that God is working in people's lives in ways that are drawing them to Himself - when we can't even see it, and it helps me to rest in Him - His work - and it is His desire in me and not mine without Him anyway.

I am not encouraging no follow up or follow through in "church life", but sometimes I think we get caught up in a lot of paper work and plans and strategies to get people where we think they need to be next, when God is moving and we need to simply trust Him and continue producing enviroments that will give people an opportunity to move to the next step in their faith. The truth is, no matter what we "talk" people into, it must be genuine faith between them and God anyway.

Believe me, I am all about a vision and a process. At VL, our end goal is to make disciple makers of Jesus - and our "Process" for that to become a reality is for people to Come, Connect, and Commit. So I completely believe in and I am committed to having a vision and a process to make it happen, I am just learning to focus on what I can do - to help Bring people into the truth, awareness, and reality of what only God can do!

And that actually gives me a greater deal of responsibility than not - because I MUST be diligent and intentional to do what I can and have been commissioned to do by Jesus - found in Matthew 28:16-20!

No comments: