Monday, August 27, 2007

Work with your friends

Some people debate the issue of whether or not you should work with your friends. I guess that there is a fear of friendship being ruined if things go "bad".

I would simply say - why would I want to spend SO much of my time each day and each week and hopefully year after year - with people that are not some of my best friends?

Brian Bennett is one of my best friends and he is also the associate and groups pastor at Vinings Lake. Today, Brian and I had a meeting, drove around our area - looking, talking, dreaming, walking, planning, thinking, laughing, and hanging out. Last week, it was Brian's birthday and after a lunch with our staff we went to a movie together - in the middle of the afternoon.

It takes honesty, loyalty, respect, and plenty of open communication (on both sides), but I work with one of my best friends - and I want the future guys that join the VL team to also be some of my best friends.


**I also must give my wife the props for her strong encouragement to call Brian to VL - how is it that our wives are so right - so often?

No comments: